Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thinking about writing a book- wanna help?

The thought has crossed my mind to write a book, accurately depicting my experience as a volunteer in Nepal. I have seen many things, so many different things here in this country that I think it would be an amazing thing to get it all down on paper. I am not exactly sure how to really write a book because I have never done anything like it before. All I know is I have almost finished one journal and need to get another. I could write it from the basis of a VSN volunteer, talk about my experiences working with this company, the home, Thamel, my hospital experience and everything else. I would need a professional to get the ball rolling so if you know of anyone or are interested- let me know! I am so intrigued with the people, culture, and scenery, that I think I could really paint a cool picture. But obviously not alone. I would sell the book and donate at least half of proceeds to VSN..... Just a beginning thought. Who knows what will happen!!?/

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi, Jessi! Larry and I are keeping up with your activities through your blog. From what you've been sharing, it seems as if you may have the content for a book. As you continue to think about the book, it may help you to do what do before I begin writing. Ask yourself who the audience is for the book. Once you have determined the audience you can better determine what content to include and the writing style that is most appropriate. For example, would you be writing for volunteers? For potential donors? For policy makers? See how the content and writing style would change depending on the audience?

Thanks so much for logging your activities in your blog Jessi. We enjoy reading about your travels, the new friends you are making, and the children you serve. We love you, Jessi. As you invest in helping others...please continue to take good care of yourself. (can't wait to hear the massage story).
We think of you everyday. Jamie